Friday, October 16, 2015

South Korea in comparison with Sri Lanka and India



I compared South Korea with Sri Lanka and India.
To my surprise, Sri Lanka scores 10 on maculinity dimension. Korea scores 39 but Sri Lanka got lower score than it. I have had image that Sri Lanka is quite conservative country because it located close to India and is a developing country yet.
After searching information about Sri Lanka, I noticed that Sri Lanka believes in Buddhism. Buddhism based on ideas of equiality. In fact, I couldn't find and understand why they scores relatively low level on masculinity. I just guess that they experience controversial issue on more ethnic discrimination than gender discrimination.
India's dimension of masculinity shows high score. India believes Hindu. Hindu society is based on the caste system. so The caste system shapes nearly every facet of Indian life. I surmised that Hindu affects high masculinity figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment