Wednesday, December 23, 2015

How did the Wikipedia assignment contribute to your understanding of globalization?

 Before taking this class, I used to visit Wikipedia as a tool in order to get some information, but now,  on this opportunity, I improved a page about Mudeungsan. It means that I became kinds of prosumer. By doing this, I got comparative attitude of sociology. Translating work and getting information from really many websites helped me getting this attitude. Because this process needed to stand outside from myself. 

By the way, It is absolutely true that Wikipedia assignment helped me to understand globalization. There are three reasons why I said like it.

 First of all, I felt that I accelerated globalization. Writing Korean things in English is accelerating globalization in itself. The meaning of doing it is that I am going to introduce Korea to foreigners. In this sense, It is connection with global world, and the word 'connection' is keyword of globalization. I believe that this small work can be globalization.

 Secondly, It is not exaggeration that Wikipedia is the best cosmopolitan website, and I contributed to this website. It means that I already got on the ship named as globalization. It is the process of understanding globalization.

 Finally, there is no border in Wikipedia. Anyone can edit a page. For example, foreigners can edit pages, although they are not Korean. We do not need nationality. Even there is no limitation of time and space. Actually, I edited my page whenever I want to edit it in wherever I want to do it. It shows that globalization is also the same. If there is connection, globalization happened in anytime and anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment