Friday, September 18, 2015

China's popular pages

First of all, I guessed some keywords about China.

one-child policy, little emperor, Beijing, kung fu, panda, the Great Wall, red, Shanghai, Mao Zedong, Jackie Chan, Zhang Ziyi, dumpling

Then I searched China's popular pages through wikipedia.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_China/Popular_pages


The outcome is very diffrent from Korea. For example, Korea list is mostly related to Korean wave(mass media) or situation of North Korea(war, Jeoneun Kim…so on) not traditional things or place that we first thought in classroom. China popular pages, However, are highest listed global event, particular region or traditional factors. It's surprising me. I thought It refers to China is big country but not expensive currency(so easy to hold world events and to go tour) and has a lot of famous tradition.

To my surprise, I guessed 'one child policy' and 'little emperor' before, because I learned it when I had studied about China's culture, but those two words are not even listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment